Wednesday, April 15, 2015

DIY (Do It Yourself) Mint Green Nightstand :)

Hey all :) As you know I love DIY projects and spend quite a bit of time on them. 
I have recently found a love for furniture and re-doing ugly pieces! 
This little nightstand was only $6.99 and totally a nice solid piece.
Unfortunately I do not have my BEFORE picture because my phone 
was stolen :( BUT here is the AFTER picture :)


I used BEHR Paint with the primer already added inside of it. I used a few
of the sample sizes because that's really all you need for a small piece.
I sanded between coats of paint and used a nice Polyethane clear sealant.


The stencil black at the bottom gave me a VERY VERY hard time and in retrospect 
I would have done that FIRST rather than paint the sides first. 

This is not the first furniture piece I've done but it is the first one I've done
CORRECTLY! Using Primer, GOOD paint, Sanding, and a good Sealant.
This was a very difficult piece but it taught me a lot about painting.

Here are a few more views:




No comments:

Post a Comment