Wednesday, March 18, 2015

DIY (Do It Yourself) American Flag Tutu

Hey everyone! My girlfriends and I are doing an all women's mud run 
and we wanted to make a nice outfit. I made white shirts with simple 
puffy paint on the back and this really awesome American Flag tutu :)

Here's the finished product!


These are also for sale on my etsy website:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/cutekickasscrafts

My materials (for 1 outfit) were 2 spools of tulle of each color, so 6 spools. 
I used the Matte Royal Blue and then the sparkly white and sparkly red. I also purchased some glittery white felt to cut stars out to put on the blue portion of the tutu.

I purchased an elastic red band that was sold by the yard and cut that to my waist size. Then I cut the tulle into several 16 inch pieces (you will tie the pieces in half around the red band). Then I cut more 12 inch pieces to layer on top of the longer pieces for a feathered layered look.

I cut several large stars out of the white sparkly felt material to glue onto the 
royal blue portion of the tutu. I felt the need to add more glitter onto 
the stars because they weren't sparkly enough for me :)

Here are some close-ups!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment