Saturday, January 17, 2015

DIY (Do It Yourself) candelabra candle holder :)

I was thinking about making/finding/creating some candlesticks or candelabras for my makeup vanity so I decided to finally get to it. I found some slightly ugly plain candelabras at Home Goods and decided to revamp them :) Enjoy!




The materials I needed were my hot glue gun (used less than 1 stick), bead landing bronze chain (2 96 inch strands), a pack of Self-Stick Gems (120 Pc count), and the brooch type item was Metal Gallery piece for $4.99 (Needed 2 because I had 2 candlesticks).


These are the candelabras before I vamped them up :)



I started off by looping the chains around the candlestick and trying to find a nice balanced drooping affect. I played around with it and 1 chain fit perfectly around the candlestick. After putting the chains on, I hot glued the brooch on. Then I hot glued the tiny crystals equally spaced onto the chains to give it a more girly effect to match the brooch :)

It took me about 3 hours to do both candelabras because there were so many tiny crystals! But they are very cute and catch the light on the crystals! I love them!




No comments:

Post a Comment